Hilda in Africa

Sunday, April 09, 2006

For those who want to know..........where I am?

Just to keep you informed, but I hope to write some more interesting things later when I have been able to absorb the complexities of using this blog.


Hilda, having dissected her first fish, Agadir!!

Left Agadir in Morocco after 4 days relaxing apropos nothing.

Actually, from now onwards my life is one of long jouneys by bus, train or taxi (often involving long hours of doing nothing).

Dept. 27th March:

21 hours by bus to Dakhla on the Moroccan and Western Sahara (now administered by Morocco) border.
10 hours taxi to Nouadhibou in Mauritania.
17 hours on train to Zouerat
6 hours train to Choum
3 hours taxi to Atar
11 hours taxi to Nouakchott (4 nights in my own apt.)

Dept. 7 April:

29 hours (incl. 2 hours sleep under tent for the driver rather than the passengers' benefit) taxi to Nema.

This is where I am and will soon depart by taxi for Mali.
Just to give you an idea of how much travelling will be involved in my life for the next couple of years if I stick to the schedule!!! But I promide it is much more than just travel and there is a fascinating world outside about which to relate. Hang on in there if you want to know!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006, Blogger Pierre said...

You really need some pictures to illustrate your travels ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home